|Chicken Dopiaza Ready|
This is a version I heard from a friend. According to this story, dish was created by the cooks in a king's kitchen. One day king got unexpected guest for lunch. In the last minute, cook was ordered to make food for all the guest. The cook thought of a way to serve all the people, without loosing the taste. Cook decided to add large quantity of onions to a dish. And, thus began the story of dopiaza.
Now, let's follow the recipe
- Chicken 700gms
- Lemon 1/2
- Salt 1 tsp
- Oil 5 tbsp
Marinate the chicken with the above ingredients and keep it for at least 2 hours.
- Onions Chopped 2
- Garlic clove chopped 5
- Ginger chopped 1 inch
- Curd 2 tbsp
- Oil 1 tbsp
In a pan add oil and when hot saute onions, garlic and ginger till golden brown
Take it from the pan and cool it. Now make a paste of it in the grinder by adding the curd.
- Cinnamon 1 inch
- Cardamon 4
- Pepper 1/2 tsp
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Chillie powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Tomato puree 4 tbsp
- Water 150 ml
- Sugar 1/2 tsp
- Shallots sliced 8
- Gram Masala 1 tsp
- Tomato Chopped 1
- Coriander leaves 2 tbsp chopped
1. In a pan take oil and saute the whole spices Cinnamon, cardamon and pepper powder for 20 secs
2. Now add the Onion, ginger garlic and curd puree, saute for few seconds
3. Add the spices, the chillie, turmeric, coriander powder and saute for few seconds and when you see the oil clearly.
4. Add the tomato puree, sugar and water.
5. Now add the marinated chicken and salt. Cover and cook till the chicken is done.
6. Meanwhile take a tadaka pan and add oil , shallots and stir fry until browned and add gram masala and stir for 30 secs and remove from the stove.
7. Stir the shallot mixture into the curry and simmer for 2 mts.
8. Stir in fresh coriander and chopped tomato and remove from the heat.
9. Serve immediately with Naan or rice.