|Sliced Fruity TeaCake|
|Slice of Cake|
This is a fat free cake, very yummy to have with your tea, It is crusty outside and soft inside.
Dried fruits - 300 gms
Flour - 225 gms
Mixed spice - 2 tsp ( Cinnamon 1 tsp, Clove 1/4 tsp, Nutmeg 3/4 tsp )
Baking Powder - 2 tsp
Hot black tea - 150 ml ( made with 2 Earl grey tea bag)
Brown Sugar - 125 gms
Eggs - 2
Butter to serve
- Pour tea in a bowl and soak the dried fruits for half an hour.
- Pre heat the Oven to 190 degree for 10mts
- Grease your loaf tin with oil and base line with butter paper
- Bear the sugar and eggs together in a large bowl until pale and slightly thickened.
- Now add the flour, baking powder, mixed spice and soaked dried fruit along with tea.
- Mix everything together well.
- Now transfer the batter to your loaf tin, level the surface well.
- Bake in the middle rack of your oven for 45 mts to 1 hour
- Leave to cool completely in the tin, when the cake cools turn out and peel off the lining paper.
- Serve slice with a little butter.
|Spread Butter on a Slice|
1.If you need a soft teacake use 50 gms of butter while creaming the egg and sugar.
2.Wrap this cake when cooled in clingfilm and store in an airtight container. It will keep for up to five days