Saturday, December 5, 2020

Revisiting Dundee Cake

 

Dundee Cake

Unique Cake Design

While researching and planning for new cake recipe, I chanced upon Dundee Cake. On reading and knowing more about this Scottish cake, I came across an article on Telegraph India, about it's existence in India. Interestingly, there are bakeries in West Bengal which still make dundee cake. Also, I was surprised to know that Britannia Industries in India was making and selling these cakes till 1980. This means that it was a popular cake, which fell out of taste or fashion with India people. 

This Christmas season of 2020, I made my first dundee cake. The standing out feature of this cake is the way almonds are topped on this way. Btw, it's a fruity cake made with plenty of dry fruits and I could related it to the fruit cake made during this season. 

For recipe and personal stories about Dundee Cake, pls check this post by a blogger named Debjani on her site -  https://kitchenofdebjani.com/ 

No comments: