|Slice of Checkered Cake|
Are you curious to make similar checkered cake? A checkerboard cake appeals to everyone, especially the little ones in your house. It looks tricky, but when you follow the steps it's as easy as making any other cake.
The design you see in the cake is from the alternate arrangement of chocolate and vanilla cake. All it takes is an extra time and effort to make homemade checkerboard cake.
From the outside Checkered cake looks like any other cake. The beauty of this cake comes out when you slice it. This cake gets the unique design from the chocolate and vanilla flavor. I'm sure it's all set to melt-in-your-mouth.
Now what are you waiting for. Try checkered cake at your home!
Here's the recipe for checkerboard Cake
|Striking Checkerboard Cake|
- Flour - 180gms
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Butter -120 gms
- Powdered sugar -180 gms
- Eggs -3
- Vanilla -1/2 tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Warm milk - 1/3 cup
- Sieve flour, salt and baking powder
- Separate the eggs
- Beat egg white till stiff.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy
- Add egg yolks and vanilla.
- Fold in flour.
- Add sufficient milk to bring the mixture to a dropping consistency.
- Divide into two and add 2 table spoon of coco powder dissolved in milk to one part.
- Mix well and fold in egg white to both.
- Take two 8" pan, grease and line it with butter paper
- Place two rings 6" and 3" and pour 2/3 of chocolate and vanilla mix alternately.
- Pour the remaining in the second pan.
- Remove the rings
- Bake at 180 degree for 15-20 mts in a pre heated oven
- Cool and slice the them
- Cover it with fudge icing.
BTW: Call me at # 9379398865 to learn checkered birthday cake. I'm based at Indira Nagar, Bangalore If you're a beginner, you can start with cupcakes and tea cakes. Click here to learn the cake baking classes.