At times I wonder why the name Molee ( Is it give after a Molly Aunty) or a foreign term in a mallu way. Anyways, fish molee reminds of dish prepared when we have guests at home or when it's served during weddings in Kerala.
- Fish Slice - 250gms
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Water - 1/2 Cup
- Salt to taste
- Onion Sliced - 1/2 Cup
- Ginger Sliced - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic Sliced - 1/2 tsp
- Green Chilles - 6 split at one end
- Peppercon - 1/2 tsp (crushed)
- Vinegar -2 tbsp
- Turmic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coconut milk - 1/2 Cup
- Heat oil in the mud pot (meen chatty) and saute sliced onion, garlic, ginger, green chillie and peppercorns without changing the colour
- Add the fish slices, salt, sufficient water, vinegar and turmeric powder.
- Cover and cook slowly till the fish is done.
- When the gravy thickens add coconut milk and simmer on mild heat without curdling.
- Remove from the stove and serve hot along with Appam or Bole.