|Pork Vindaloo St Andrews Recipe|
I still wonder the similarities between Goan and St Andrews food. Many people in St Andrews, Trivandrum regularly make Pork Vindaloo, a dish popular in Goa. The similar food traits could have been bought in by Portuguese or by Christian missionaries.
More details on our patron St. Andrew.
Here's a simple Pork Vindaloo recipe popular in St Andrews locality, Kazhakuttom, Trivandrum. It's a variant of Goan Pork Vindaloo, with a Kerala touch.
Ingredients to make Pork Vindaloo
- Pork or Mutton - 1/2 kg
- Turmeric -3/4 inch
- Cumin seed - 1tbsp
- Red chillies-12
- Ginger-1" piece
- Garlic- 1 whole
- Mustard seeds -1 tsp
- Vinegar -1/2 cup
- Salt as per taste
- Oil -3 tbsp
- Curry leave -few
- Grind Turmeric, cumin seed, red chillies, ginger,garlic and mustard to a fine paste.
- Heat oil, brown sliced onions and curry leaves.
- Add the masala and fry for 2 mts
- Now add meat and mix well.
- Add enough water to cook the meat
- Add salt and vinegar
- Cook till the meat is soft and gravy fairly thick.
- Serve hot with rice or bread.