|Sliced Carrot - Stirred but not shaken|
|Gajar ka Halwa - Ready To Savor|
After a long incubation/hybernation, I decided to try out Gajar Ka Halwa recipe. I found this recipe from from Divya Kuda's blog and I'm happy with the excellent result. Thank to her perfect recipe, the explanation and steps. You can follow the same recipe to make this delight.
- Sweet carrots 500 gms
- Boiled Milk 500 ml
- Sugar 1 heaped cup
- Ghee 3 tbsp
- Cashew nuts 10-12,chopped
- Cardamom seeds of 2,crushed
- Saffron a few strands
- Grate the carrots in a food processor.
- In a thick bottomed kadai add a tbsp of ghee and saute the carrots for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the boiled milk and and cook in low flame for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Now add the sugar and stir well and cook until all the milk is absorbed.
- In another pan,add a tsp of ghee and roast the chopped cashews and the crushed cardamom to the cooked carrots.
- Crush some safforn with your hand and add it to halwa.
Happy New year