|Mackerel Fish Curry prepared in a earthen pot (meen chatti)|
This recipe given here is one which we follow in our house. We can call it Trivandrum version. I hope you'll find it useful. Pls be generous to give your feedback or comments.
- Fish 1/2 kg
- Ginger 1 big piece
- Garlic 5 to 8 pods
- Shallots 5 to 6
- Chilly powder 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Tamarind 1/2 lemon size ( to be soaked in water)
- Curry leaves
- Clean, wash and cut the fish into medium pieces (wash it using rock salt to remove the fish smell).
- Add little water into chilly and turmeric powder and make it into a thick paste.
- Soak tamarind in 1/2 cup of water and keep it aside.
- Grind together shallots, ginger and garlic.
- Heat oil in a chatti and add fenugreek. When it starts spluttering, add curry leaves and grounded mixture. Saute well till it turns light brown. Add powdered mixture into it and mix well.
- When the oil starts separating, add the tamarind, salt and required amount of water into it.
- Allow it to boil for few minutes. Reduce the heat and add the fish pieces. Cover it and cook well
|Sear Fish Curry|