Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Barbecue Grill Cooking Online Class

 I've been planing to start a barbecue grill class for a long, long time. However, I delayed it with all the set of excuses. One thing I didn't a grill. I wanted to buy a good quality one - Weber. But it never materialized as it was way too expensive for my purse. And, the plan got shelved.

Lockdown and Resurgence in Classes

The last six months, was a big transformation for me. I guess it was so for many people. One thing was the shift in the way I take classes. The change from in-person classes to complete Online Class was something I had never done.

I had lot of apprehension about going online. I didn't know which way to take class...will students come....will they be able to understand what I teach.

However, with time, I found out that Zoom was a popular platform to make, then I bought a camera stand to keep the phone, learned to use Gdrive and all the nitty-gritty stuff of file sharing.
( Btw, if anyone needs help to set-up or understand these tools, then I can share things I know)


Also, during lockdown, I was able to learn how to make Sourdough bread by joining the class conducted by Lavonee. And, start a barbecue class.

Barbecue class project took momentum with the purchase of the grill. I bought a grill from Amazon. It was bought after going through the reviews and price factor, I decided to start on a small budget portable grill which is around 3.5k. 

The item arrived in a good packing. Upon opening the layers of packing, the product appeared as I had thought. One thing I felt was that the metal frame and the inside parts looked a bit fragile. Also, there was difficulty in fixing the screws to fix the leg of the stand. It looks like there was no sufficient care given when it was packed. Apart from it, rest was okay stuff to make the grill.

--------------

Class Details

---------------

Date: 17/10/20 ( 10:30 to 12:PM)

Opera Cake 


1.Opera Cake

2.Ginger Bread Cake

Rs 1,250

-----------------------

Buttercream Icing Class

Date: 17/10/20 ( 2:30 to 4:PM)

Buttercream Birthday Cake

- Learn to make buttercream 

- Make roses and borders

- How to write b'day wishes 

Rs 1,250

-----------------------

Date:18/10/20 ( 10:30 to 12:PM)

French Macaron


French Macaron - Three Flavors 

- How to make macaron shells 

( Three Fillings)

- Coffee Filling

- Pista Filling

- Ganache filling

Rs 1,600

------------------------

Date: 18/10/20 ( 2:30 to 4:PM)

Barbecue - Non-Veg ( Chicken)



Chicken on grill

1.Garlic-butterfly-prawn-recipe

2.Portuguese BBQ Peri Peri Chicken

3.Rosemary Peppered Chicken

4.Minced Chicken Skewers

5.Grilled Chicken with bbq sauce

Rs 1,250

------------------

Apart from short-weekend class, you can choose to learn from Comprehensive Beginners class - 12 days, covering 17 cakes and 5 icing/frosting. Details given in this link https://mennas-cooking.blogspot.com/2020/10/baking-certification-course-for.html

No comments: