|Spicy Methi Paratha with Dal Curry|
|Paratha Dough Ready for Roll|
Apart form Aloo stuffed Paratha, you can stuff Methi leaves in the Paratha dough to make it more healthy and tasty. Those who love the bitter taste of Methi ( fenugreek leaves ), this would be a delightful variation you can try at your home. I came across few post where they have used grated bottle gourd instead of fenugreek leaves.
Follow these instruction to make another North Indian delicacy - Methi leaves stuffed Paratha
Ingredients to make Paratha
- 4 cups fresh methi cleaned and chopped fine
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1" piece ginger chopped
- 1/2 tsp powdered jeera powder
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 5 cups wheat flour
- Water as needed
- Ghee to make the parathas
Method to make Methi leaves stuffed Paratha
- Heat the oil add the jeera then add the ginger, methi leaves, green chillies and some salt. Stir until the leaves start to lightly toasted. Let this mixture cool.
- Add the spiced methi mixture to the atta, and make a soft dough.
- Roll out each and cook on a tawa until both sides are golden brown.
- After removing from fire spread ghee on both sides.
- Serve hot with raita and pickle.
Now enjoy the rich flavor of methi in Paratha and have a nice breakfast.