Monday, March 29, 2021

Food Stall at Anglo Indian Jamboree at Bangalore Place 2010

 

Menu Card for the fest


Just while browsing other pictures, I stumbled on this pic. It's the pic of menu list kept in my food stall at Anglo Indian meet ( Jamboree), at Bangalore Palace.

To get the dates right, I searched online. This search lead me to this piece of article which appeared on Bangalore Mirror

The article brought back more memories of people I met during the two day event. One was Mr Creswell Weightman, founder member of Anglos United, with whom I interacted for getting the food booth. Also, I met Mrs Bridget White, who had written and published books about Anglo Indian cuisine. She also conducts workshops for individuals and chefs about Anglo Indian cooking.

Another person I met during the event was Roy Sinai, a professional photographer, who took my portrait in the background of evening sky. ( will share the picture after I locate it)


Sold out Wine

On the first day of the event, I had carried couple of wine bottles for sale. I didn't have the fainest clue that people would buy. But, that was the first item to be sold out on the first day itself. Another fast moving item from my food counter was beef cutlets. It was high in demand and I had too keep frying them to keep up with the demand. I also also had pork vindaloo, fried rice, stuffed omelette and plum cakes for sale. 


No comments: