Monday, July 13, 2015

From Netherlands With Love

Chantel came from Netherlands, the land of tulips, windmills and stroopwafels. She came to India for a week, loved Indian food and want to learn them and try it out when she gets back.
She got me a small box of stroopwafels which I tasted for the first time and it just melts in your mouth smile emoticon
It was a two day class were she learned the south Indian and the north Indian cooking sessions.
I had a different experience this time because she wanted me to take her to the local market, I took her to Russell market, which she enjoyed capturing pictures of the market. It was an unforgettable session. Menna's Indian Cooking Class Bangalore
— meeting a wonderful person.

Me and Chantel

Gift from Chantel - Stroopwafels

Stroopwafels
According to Wikipedia, Stroopwafel is a waffle made from two thin layers of baked dough with a caramel-like syrup filling in the middle. This is a popular in the Netherlands.

After tasking stroopwafels for the first time, I'm keen to get its recipe and make it at home. I also checked online, if anyone was making and selling stroopwafels in Bangalore. Sadly, none. 



Learning & Tasting

Market Visit - Russel Market, Bangalore

Garland Makers at Russel Market


Vegetable Seller at Russel Market