Here is an intensely dark and rich chocolate cake with a rum flavored chocolate frosting. This is for the die-hard chocolate fans. Serve with a dollop of creme fraiche for a delicious dessert.
|Chocolate Sour Cherry Cake|
Plain Chocolate 175 gms
Butter 115 gms
Brown sugar 115 gms
Flour 115 gms
Baking powder 1/2 tsp
Almond powder 55 gms
Cherries chopped 85 gms
Chocolate curls for decorations
Chocolate 175 gms
Fresh cream 5 tbsp
Butter 55 gms
Rum 1 tbsp
|Sweet and sour Temptation -Chocolate Sour Cherry Cake|
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree and grease an 8 inch round cake tin and line with butter paper.
- Place the chocolate and butter in a large heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water and heat until melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir until smooth. Cool for 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Place the egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl and using an electric blender beat until pale and creamy.
- Add the melted chocolate and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Add the sifted flour, then stir in the almond powder and cherries.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whited until soft peaks form then gently fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and gently smooth the surface.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 mts or until just firm to touch and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the tin for 10 mts then turn out onto a wire reack to cool completely.
- For the frosting, place the chocolate, cream and butter in a heatproof bowl and set over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Heat until melted, then remove from the heat and beat in the rum.
- Cool for 20 mts then chill in the refrigerator, stirring occasionally for about 30 minutes or until thick enough to spread.
- Spread the frosting over the top of the cake, If using, decorate with chocolate curls, dust lightly with cocoa powder and top with the cherries
|Time to slice and savor|