With the recipe book in hand and a strong desire to do something special to celebrate 5 long years of blogging, I decided to attempt my first ever Tiramisu.
I started blogging with an aloo parata recipe and then slowly progressed to cakes and bakes, Looking back at my blogging, food experiments, my new found career as a home baker, I'm so delighted that I took this path in life. Yes, so better than than the deadlines at work, the urgent emails, client queries and travel to work..
Thought I still have a long way to become an expert, I'm happy with the little baby steps and the daily progress..
And most important, I want to thank you for visiting this foodie blog, the comments, and suggestion.
|Slice of this delight|
|I, Me & Tiramisu|
Recipe for Tiramisu
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 Cup superfine sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 Mascarpone cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 Cup strong black coffee
- 1/2 Cup rum or brandy
- 24 Ladyfinger
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tbsp grated dark chocolate
- Cherry to decorate.
- Whisk the egg yolk with the sugar and vanilla extract in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan.
- When the mixture is pale and the whisk leave a ribbon trail when lifted, remove the bowl from the heat and set aside to cool
- When the egg yolk mixture is cool, whisk in the mascarpone until thoroughly combined.
- Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl until they form soft peaks, then gently fold them into the mascarpone mixture.
- Combine the coffee and rum in a shallow dish, dip the ladyfinger in the mixture and arrange in the bottom of the dish.
- Spoon a third of the mascarpone mixture on top spreading it out evenly. Repeat the layers twice finishing with mascarpone mixture. Chill for 5 hours
- To serve, sift the cocoa evenly over the top and sprinkle with chocolate
|Ingredients Kept ready for Tiramisu|
|Ladyfingers & mascarpone Cheese|
|Ladyfinger Soaked in Dark Rum & Coffee|
|Tiramisu Almost Ready|