Monday, May 23, 2016

Sugarcraft Flower Designs Class Bangalore

Sugarcraft for Beginners - 2 Day Workshop


Lillies in a Basket ( Practical Learning)

Orchid Flower and bud

Often I wonder how a person with mediocre skill becomes an expert or achieves a commendable change. When a person transforms, we often look at then with disbelief and often we discredit the success as a chance or fluke. Well, that's human nature!

The reality is that, we don't see hard work behind the change - daily hours of practice, or the time taken to polish a skill, etc.

Problem with the majority of folks (like me) is this - we give-up half-way or when we hit the first dip.

So, how much time should we spend to develop a skill. Well, according to Malcolm Gladwell, author of the book Outliners, an average person require 10,000 hours of dedicated practice to become an expert. Well, 10,000 looks like a mammoth size number for a person like me who can't stay still for 1 hr at a stretch. So, what's the next option.

Here's a blog post I read recently on how to learn anything faster. Apart from practicing your skill, keep reading blogs on topics that interest you ( culinary to gardening to flower arrangement, etc)

Sugarcraft - Art of creating lifelike Flowers
Just like any skill, you can become a master in sugarcraft. If you read the above mentioned article, you know what it takes to develop this skills. And, just like any art, it's equally true with Sugar craft flower making.

I picked my sugar craft skills by learning from two experts in this field - Joonie Tan, at Lavone, and Ashwini Joshi Sarabhai from Hyderabad. I feel a good teacher or mentor makes learning easier, faster, and more organized.

Can't I learn by watching Youtube Videos
Yes, you can. I know many you've mastered skills from online resources. But, there are many, who have acquired half-baked or often misleading information by reading recipe's online or watching Youtube videos.Often I feel is that in some blogs and videos, the maker doesn't explain certain steps and this can cause confusion. Also, don't believe everything you see or read on the Internet. Try to read more on the topic from different sources..

Honing Sugarcraft Skills 
Though I had the best two tutors from whom I learned sugarcraft, I feel that I'm far from being an expert. One of the problem I face is insufficient practice time. As usual, I conveniently blame my busy class schedule for not practicing. But deep within I know that I need to plan my time.

So, how do you go about advancing your skills? What's stopping you from learning to make sugarcraft themed wedding cakes?

In case, you're looking for the beginner level class in Sugar craft, then I conduct 2 Sugarcraft Workshop for Beginners in Bangalore

In this hands-on sugarcraft workshop, you will learn the exclusive art of making beautiful real life like Flowers with Gumpaste in this hands-on workshop! The flowers you learn will make a magnificent arrangement for a wedding cake!

Sugarcraft Flowers covered:

1.Rose
2.Ranunculus
3.Peoney
4.Stargazer Lillies
5.Orchids

Apart from it, you'll learn to make filler flowers to make a pretty bouquet!
Also learn how to use:

1. Airbrushing techniques on gumpaste flowers
2. Powder dusting and steaming
Duration of class:  2 days)
Time: 10:00am – 4:30 pm

For more details, pls contact me at 9379398865. I also have online classes for those who prefer to learn from the comfort of your home. For details, you can visit my exclusive online sugarcraft Facbook page.

P.S: If you're looking for shops selling sugarcraft material in Bangalore, then check with New Arif, or IBCA, etc. 

1 comment:

Arianna said...


This comment has been removed by a blog administrator


Gold Rate Per Gram Today in hyderabad