- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cake flour, sifted
- 12 egg whites
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon Orange extract of your choice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- In a food processor spin sugar about 2 minutes until it is superfine.
- Sift half of the sugar with the salt the cake flour, setting the remaining sugar aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk thoroughly combine egg whites, water, orange extract, and cream of tartar.
- After 2 minutes, switch to a hand mixer.
- Slowly sift the reserved sugar, beating continuously at medium speed.
- Once you have achieved medium peaks, sift enough of the flour mixture in to dust the top of the foam.
- Using a spatula fold in gently. Continue until all of the flour mixture is incorporated.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake for 30mts in 160 degree