|Bhindi Do Pyaza Ready|
- 3 cups sliced ladies finger (bhindi)
- 1 cups chopped onions
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 3 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp nigella seeds (kalonji)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 3 tsp ginger (adrak) paste
- 1 to 2 green chillies, chopped
- 3/4 cup thick curds (dahi), whisked
- 3 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
Bhindi Cooking Tips:- Bhindi tends to get sticky while cooking. Do not cover the pan while cooking and the stickiness will dry out without the presence of steam.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds and nigella seeds and allow the seeds to crackle.
- Add the onions, turmeric powder, ginger paste and green chillies and cook till the onions are tender.
- Add the bhindi and salt and cook over a medium flame till the bhindi is tender.
- Add the whisked curds and cook till the curds dry out.
- Serve hot with parathas or rotis.
Cook the bhindi over a slow flame for best results.