- 3 cups of pressure cooked pumpkin
- 1/4 cup Moong
- 1 cup of grated coconut
- 3 small garlic flakes
- 1/8 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 table spoon coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard
- 3 table spoon small onion cut round
- 3 dry chillies each cut into two
- 3 stalks of curry leaves
- 3 table spoon coconut, grated finely
- Grind grated coconut coarsely.
- Crush garlic and cumin seeds and mix with the ground coconut, chilli and turmeric powders
- Boil water and cook dhal in it, when it is soft and water is about 1/2 cup, add cooked pumpkin and salt,
- Cover and cook.
- Fry mustard in hot oil, add garlic and when sauted add dry chillies and curry leaves.
- When fried add grated coconut and stir till brown.
- Add the masala mixed with coarsely ground coconut and add to the curry
- Serve hot