I'm at Trivandrum for Christmas. It's jingle season all for me and the fond memories of earlier Christmas fun. I tried to revive those memories with crib and the xmas tree.
During this stay in Trivandrum, I tried my hands on Fried Rice with Chicken and prawns. This mixed fried rice was with the two main ingredients and mixed vegetables and eggs.
This photo was taken by my brother-in-law in his big digital camera. He has a good sense to frame the fired rice along with homemade wine.
Ingredients for Chinese Chicken and Prawns Fried Rice
- Cooked Basmati rice – 2 cups
- Oil – 6 tbsp
- Onion sliced – 2
- Ginger – 1 tsp
- Garlic- 1 tsp
- Green Chili paste-1 tsp
- Cooked and Shredded chicken – 1 cup
- Cooked prawns – 1 cup
- Carrot, Beans, Spring onion, capsicum chopped – 2 cups
- Red chili – 3
- Soya Sauce- 2 tbsp
- Egg – 3 (beat well with salt and pepper and make scramble egg)
How to make the Fried Rice
- Take a kadai and when oil is hot add the sliced onion
- When the onions turn brown add the chopped ginger, garlic and chili paste and sauté well
- Add the shredded chicken and cooked prawns and stir for 3 mts
- Add in all the chopped vegetables and red chilies into the mixture and cover and cook for 5 mts
- Now add in the cooked rice, scramble egg and soya sauce and mix well.
- Garnish with fried onion and serve hot.
Serving - 6 adults
Comon folks, it's a very simple and easy dish to prepare at home. Maybe, you can try this as your weekend special